In the following section you can find answers for several frequently asked questions. Please read it carefully before contacting us.
- What is Cidyn?
- What services does Cidyn offer?
- Is Cidyn an agency or a freelance translators' business?
- Do you provide DTP services, and accept files in graphic formats?
- What languages do you offer?
- I have a text with many repetitions. Can I pay less?
- Do I need to provide a glossary or references?
- Can I mail my document in paper form or fax it?
- How do I send documents for translation?
- How long does a translation take?
- How do you charge for translation?
- Is there a minimum charge?
- How do you ensure an accurate translation?
- How will I know that the translation will be of high quality?
- I need a couple of short phrases translated. Can you help me?
- What should I do if I’m not happy with your services?
What is Cidyn?
Cidyn is a Hungary-based language service provider (LSP). Its name stands for Creativity, Innovation, Dynamism. These represent three highly important aspects of our translation and localisation services.
- Creativity because we constantly seek and apply new ideas, working methods and productive originality in our services.
- Innovation because we use the latest technologies and innovative solutions to provide high quality results for our customers.
- Dynamism because we are working hard and continuously developing and changing to make our services better and efficient.
What services does Cidyn offer?
We offer translation, localisation, quality assurance (editing and proofreading) and terminology management services in the following fields: Information Technology, Computers, Hardware & Software, Internet & Networking, Online Security, Web Marketing, E-Commerce and Telecommunications. For further information, please check our services.
Is Cidyn an agency or a freelance translators' business?
Cidyn is a freelance translators' business, not an agency. The website is maintained by Gabor Kiss, a professional English-Hungarian IT and tech translator.
Do you provide DTP services, and accept files in graphic formats?
We work on text material only, but accept assignments in uneditable content like PDF as well. Text can be extracted from several formats, but this may require additional work and extra fees, which you may wish to avoid by supplying us with files in one of the preferred formats (.doc, .xls, .txt, etc).
What languages do you offer?
We translate exclusively from English into Hungarian.
I have a text with many repetitions. Can I pay less?
If the text has parts that repeat several times without many differences, then the translation process is actually faster, and we can negotiate a lower price. Please point out this aspect when asking for a quote.
Do I need to provide a glossary or references?
A glossary is the professional way of handling technical texts. It ensures consistency between different parts of the document, possibly assigned to different translators, and between different documents on the same topic. It is also the best way to make the process smooth and fast. So if you have one, do not hesitate to send it to us.
Can I mail my document in paper form or fax it?
No, we do not work with paper documents. If you need a translation from a paper document, please scan your text, and send it as a picture (*.jpg) or an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file.
How do I send documents for translation?
Please feel free to send your requests for translation via the Contact page. If you have a large file for translation, we will give you an ftp address where you can upload the document.
How long does a translation take?
The time required to finish a translation job depends on wordcount, deadline, subject, formatting requirements and availability. We generally allow for about 1700-2000 words per business day, and also offer expedited services for which we charge additional rush fees.
How do you charge for translation?
We charge a rate per source word. The rate depends on the the following factors: wordcount, subject, deadline etc. Please check our services for more information.
Is there a minimum charge?
Yes. 25 EUR is our minimum charge.
How do you ensure an accurate translation?
Every translation undergoes a multi-stage process that includes the initial translation of your document, editing by an another translator to ensure consistency, and a proofreading stage to spot typos, formatting errors or omissions. Please check our services for more information.
How will I know that the translation will be of high quality?
We will never take on a translation job that is beyond our capabilities. If we cannot accept your project, we will recommend you an another experienced translator. We guarantee that translations are accurate and carefully checked before dispatch. Please check our services for more information.
I need a couple of short phrases translated. Can you help me?
Yes, but a minimum charge does apply for the translation.
What should I do if I’m not happy with your services?
Please contact us as soon as possible, and we will do our best to resolve any issues that you might have.