Cidyn.com was originally created by Gabor Kiss, a professional English-Hungarian freelance translator. Soon, the ‘one man team’ became a group of freelance language professionals, whose aim is to provide high-quality translation and localisation services. We are specialised in the following fields:
- Information Technology
- Hardware & Software
- Internet & Networking
- Online Security
- Web Marketing
We translate exclusively into Hungarian (our native language), so you can always be sure about language and country-specific issues.
Advantages of working with us
Professional freelance translators deal directly or indirectly (through agencies) with clients. The advantages of working with independent professionals as opposed to translation agencies are clear: no costly agency middle-men, permanent availability, highly affordable prices without compromising quality, a personal relationship (clients are able to discuss their translation requirements directly with us), and of course a level of flexibility and reactivity, which no agency can match. Since we are working from home (no expensive offices or heavy business rates to pay, etc.), we are able to reduce our costs and share this considerable price advantage with our partners.
A few qualities set us apart from other freelancers or translation agencies in the area of translation solutions:
- Thorough knowledge of the relevant areas of specialisation to ensure a grasp of the project’s subject matter, and keen interest in new developments, fields and technologies.
- Our clients know quality is the most important factor for us. Consequently, we cannot accept all the projects you may have, and we are specialised in only a few field that we know well.
- Consistent, fast and reliable output, commitment to detail (factual accuracy, proper layout of the source and target material, correct usage of a term or expression etc).
- In-depth knowledge of the source language so that the translation conveys the same message as that contained in the source text.
- We will never take on a project that we cannot handle, and we are glad to recommend other translators when a project needs a specialist or when the deadlines are tight.
- We always let our regular clients know when we will be away for several workdays.
Cost Reduction: Translation agencies typically charge about twice as much as a freelance translator. A large translation agency has significantly higher operating expenses than a small business.
Personal Service: The small size of freelance businesses allows to provide personalised service in a dedicated and flexible manner. We offer reliable and efficient services and high quality translations at competitive rates.
Reliability: We always deliver on time or ahead of schedule. To accommodate urgent requirements it is sometimes necessary to work weekends or split jobs between several translators. Premium time and extra resources cost us extra, which we must pass on to you. However, less urgent assignments mean lower charges in return for flexible deadlines.
Delivery: Once completed, the project is returned to you according to your requirements (e-mail, FTP, CD/DVD or hard copy). The format in which you supply the source document affects the time and cost required to produce your translation. For instance, it is often quicker and easier for us to work with Word files than difficult-to-read hand written documents or faxes.
Here are some major companies that we have helped in several translation and/or localisation projects in recent years:
- AVG Technologies
- Hewlett-Packard (HP)
- KYE Systems
- General Electric (GE)
Further references are available upon request.